Job in Walmart (Job News): Walmart Inc. is providing a Job as a Senior Manager- Software Engineering to various candidates. It is one of the best Jobs as a Senior Manager available to candidates in India.
About Walmart Inc. (Job News):-
Walmart Inc., headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, is a worldwide retail corporation based in the United States that operates a chain of hypermarkets, cheap department stores, and grocery shops
In 1962, Sam Walton created the corporation in neighbouring Rogers, Arkansas, and it was established under the Delaware General Corporation Law on October 31, 1969. Sam’s Club is also the owner and operator of retail warehouses
As of April 30, 2021, Walmart had 10,526 stores and clubs in 24 countries, operating under 48 distinct names. Walmart is the world’s largest firm by sales, according to the Fortune Global 500 list for 2020, with $548.743 billion. It is also the world’s largest private employer, with 2.2 million employees
- An Engineering Degree – B.E/B.Tech/MS/PhD in any stream – Computer Science preferred.
- 10 – 14 years of relevant experience in building highly resilient, highly scalable systems
- 3+ years of leadership/management experience with a team of 10+ engineers.
- A good understanding of CS Fundamentals, Microservices, Data Structures, Algorithms & Problem Solving
- Strong experience with Java, or Python, Cloud ( AWS, Azure ), DevOps CI/CD tools, relational DBMS ( MySQL, Oracle etc ) & non-relational DBMS ( MongoDB, CosmosDB etc ) with big data technologies ( Kafka, Spark etc )
- Good exposure to working closely with data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Experience with Visualization Tools like Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, etc is good-to-have
- In depth knowledge on Restful/SOAP web services
- Knowledge on unit testing frameworks (Junit, Jest etc) and code quality control platforms like Sonar
- Working knowledge of SQL and DB-2 database technologies
- Knowledge on cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, GCP
- CI/CD development environments/tools: Git, Maven, Jenkins.
- Understand the product and project management space with Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated end-to-end ownership for development and design of least one cloud-based project – Experience in building microservices, data pipelines, extensible platforms is desirable.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly. Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to balance the long-term “big picture” and short-term implications of design decisions.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- Mentoring/coaching Senior staff engineers and other Engineers.
- Focus on reusability, frameworks, patterns and configurations tools for faster development.
- Excellent in Engineering excellence – code quality, performance tuning, operational excellence etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:-
- Build, develop and guide high-performing talent for the team primarily comprising of data engineers and working very closely with machine learning engineers
- Engage and guide the team technically, and get involved in design and architecture
- Define a long-term talent development and support strategy cutting across technology roles.
- Handle budget planning, spend and tracking for your area of responsibility.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Establish best engineering practices and operation excellence backed up with product, engineering and scrum metrics
- Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
- Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome products.
- Work closely with the Architects and cross functional teams and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions within the established architectural guidelines.
- Work with senior leadership to chart out the future roadmap of the products
- Participate in hiring and build teams enabling them to be high performing agile teams.
- Bengaluru, Karnataka
- This Senior Manager Job in Walmart is available on Walmart Careers Portal. Link to apply: Click Here
Qcademics posts Job News on the Job Page of our website (www.qcademics.com) daily to make candidates aware of the Job opportunities available for them.
You can follow us on our social media handles to never miss any update (Job News, Internship News, General Awareness and much more awesome content):-