Job in Pearson (Job News): Pearson in India is providing a Job as an Editorial Assistant to various candidates. It is one of the best Jobs as an Editorial Assistant available to candidates in India.
About Pearson Education (Job News):-
Pearson Education is a British company that publishes and assesses educational materials for schools, businesses, and directly to individual learners as well. Addison–Wesley, Peachpit, Prentice Hall, eCollege, Longman, Scott Foresman, and other educational media brands are owned by Pearson.
Pearson is a subsidiary of Pearson plc, the corporation that used to own the Financial Times. It claims to have been established in 1840, with the current incarnation of the company formed when Pearson plc acquired Simon & Schuster’s education division from Viacom and combined this with Addison-Wesley Longman to create Pearson Education.
In 2011, Pearson Education has renamed Pearson and divided into two divisions: international and North American. We can be there for a person’s entire learning life, from formal education to the workplace and beyond, with carefully crafted online tools and rich content to complete courses and curriculum support.
Roles & Responsibility- Job as Editorial Assistant (Job in Pearson):-
Selected candidate’s day-to-day responsibilities include:-
- Assist in the evaluation of new goods.
- Sending out surveys
- Collating survey results
- Honorariums are paid to survey participants.
- Updating and managing a database of reviewers
- Product Quality Assurance
- Reprint corrections must be submitted.
- For new items, request ISBNs.
- Ensure the quality of product data (ie follow product setup guidelines to make sure all data fields are correct and flowing to the appropriate catalogs)
- Help to authors and contributors:
- Create purchase orders for work that has been contracted.
- Accounts Payable groups will check the status of payments.
- Ensure that all royalty information is accurate.
- Authors must acquire pre-revision resources (competitor’s titles for review) and post-publication materials from the point individual (completed copies of their text)
- Sales/ Marketing
- Follow up on suggestions made at the conference
- Answering questions from sales representatives and customers (low-level questions like finding available tools for a title (“Are there powerpoints for this product?” etc.)
- If a question falls outside of the scope of the candidate’s expertise, the question will be tagged to the appropriate team member.
- The value of timely responses to the sales team cannot be overlooked.
Skills Required- Job as Editorial Assistant (Pearson Job):-
- Communication Skills
- Candidates must be able to interact with internal and external team members in a transparent, professional, and productive way.
- Candidates should be comfortable communicating with a variety of external team members, including survey participants, reviewers, and authors.
- The candidate would be responsible for providing the team with daily reports on their work.
- Organization Skills
- The candidate should be responsible for keeping track of both completed and ongoing activities in order to ensure timely resolution.
- Prioritization Skills
- This position will expose the applicant to a range of workflows of varying levels of priority. The applicant will be required to learn to determine the importance of requests and prioritise their schedule in coordination with their team.
- The applicant should maintain an optimistic, team-oriented attitude when working as part of a larger team.
- Capable of forming strong networks and function in a team proactively and flexibly.
- Always Learning
- An ideal candidate should be eager to discover new processes and adapt to new work styles as we develop new business models, internal structures, and ways of working.
- Take the initiative, lead progress, and find solutions to problems.
- Demonstrate decision-making that is thoughtful, strategic, and customer-centric.
- Self-Starting with strong Problem-Solving Skills
- It will be crucial to be able to diagnose problems and determine how to fix them.
- If a candidate is unable to address an issue on their own, they should take action and feel comfortable discussing any perceived problems with the team to assist in problem solving. As a member of a squad, the nominee should never be afraid to ask for assistance.
- Collaborate as a member of a high-performing team.
- Prioritize effectively.
Location- Job as Editorial Assistant (Job in Pearson):-
How to Register for this Job?
You can follow us on our social media handles to never miss any update (Job News, Internship News, General Awareness and much more awesome content):-