BCG Job (Job News): Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in India is providing a Job as a Lead Accountant for various candidates in different areas. It is one of the best BCG Job Openings available to candidates in India.
About Boston Consulting Group (Job News):-
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is an American management consulting firm based in Boston, Massachusetts, was founded in 1963. The business is the world’s second-largest consulting firm in terms of sales, being one of the most prestigious companies in the world.
BCG has been named the best consulting company to work for by Consulting Magazine. Along with Bain & Company and McKinsey & Company, it is one of the elite Big Three (management consultancies).
In 2020, the Human Rights Campaign named the company being one of the best places to work for LGBT equality. The “growth-share matrix,” a chart that lets large companies determine how to distribute cash among their business units, was developed and popularised by BCG in the 1970s.
Roles & Responsibilities:-
- Assist and drive in GL close, month-end accounting, quarterly and annual accounting and management reporting processes for Global specialty businesses
- Participate in the preparation of various Cost accruals and Balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations.
- Review the transaction level details for each business and ensure all transactions are recorded under the right cost center and allocated properly for management reporting.
- Participate in cross functional team meetings to stay abreast of change management initiatives to ensure appropriate accounting, perform technical accounting research for various ad-hoc accounting inquiries, and assist in coordination of operational accounting tasks.
- Ensure timely submission of timesheet and review revenue accounting is in line as per BCG policy
- Prepare and maintain detailed accounting schedules for various cost heads like compensation and other cost including preparation of HFM journal entries
- Prepare quarterly management reporting decks detailing business performance and forecasting for senior leadership
- Assist in the review of business performance against plans and highlight areas to support better decision making for leadership team
- Collaboration and teaming with functional finance team, GAC team regarding accounting for capitalized software
- Perform accounting research to determine if software projects meet US GAAP capitalization criteria for internal use software (cloud and on-premise)
- Monitor depreciable useful lives for assets for policy compliance and prepare reconciliations for chargebacks and allocation of cost from one business to another business center.
- Ensure compliance with BCG’s accounting policies, accurate & timely submission of data within BCG systems
- Analyzing actual results compared to forecasts and prior year results, ensuring high quality of commentary on monthly financial statements, and using varying analytical techniques and a questioning mindset to ensure monthly reported results are materially accurately stated
- Assist with preparation, tracking & system validation of HFM journal entries
- Monitor the finance team mailboxes for performing various reclasses and corrections in timesheet/expenses from one reporting unit to another reporting unit.
- Prepare reconciliation of global sources chargeback and prepaid accounts from management accounts to statutory accounting to US GAAP for a defined number of businesses
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and streamlining in existing activities, make recommendations on improvements and lead implementation
- Maintain an onboarding plan and help manage workload and development of new members in the team wherever required.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required
- 7+ years of work experience in accounting-related fields, including US GAAP accounting, management, and financial reporting
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- The status of CPA/CA/Cost Accountant is greatly recommended, and an MBA is a plus.
- Previous experience working for a big multinational corporation in a multi-currency environment, where international operations account for a considerable amount of consolidated profits, is advantageous.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and IFRS will be beneficial.
- The ability to operate at a “high level” as well as a “detailed level”
- Sound analytical and reporting skills; ability to understand complicated topics, apply critical thinking, apply judgment and make decisions
- Good management judgment, flexibility, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable interacting with peer group, senior leadership and third-party service providers
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple changing priorities along with day-to-day responsibilities
- Strong work ethics, professional attitude and reliability
- Experience using Oracle based accounting systems including Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Oracle 12R, Oracle Smart View and Oracle Financials is a plus.
- Advanced computer literacy (use of Windows and corresponding software applications including PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Travel may be required occasionally.
- New Delhi, India
- This Lead Accountant BCG Job is available on BCG Careers Portal. Link to apply: Click Here
Qcademics posts Job News on the Job Page of our website (www.qcademics.com) daily to make candidates aware of the Job opportunities available for them.
You can follow us on our social media handles to never miss any update (Job News, Internship News, General Awareness and much more awesome content):-