UNESCAP Internship (Internship News): UNESCAP is providing great Internship Opportunity for students of different courses. It is one of the best Internship Opportunities available to students.
About United Nations ESCAP (Internship News):-
The UNESCAP South and South-West Asia Office (UNESCAP-SSWA), instituted on December 2011, serves 10 sub-regional countries, namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Turkey. The UNESCAP-SSWA Work Programme includes theoretical and normative work, policy support and advocacy, technical assistance and capacity-building activities in five focus areas, as mandated by the Member States of UNESCAP:
- Inclusive growth, accelerating MDG achievement, systemic change and job creation, empowerment of women, social security, the post-2015 development agenda and sustainable development
- Strengthening connectivity, facilitation of trade and transport and regional economic integration
- Regional collaboration on food and energy protection
- Regional cooperation for the reduction of disaster risk
- Assisting LDCs and LLDCs in enforcing the Programmes of Action for Istanbul and Almaty.
Roles & Responsibility- Internship Opportunity (UNESCAP Internship):-
Selected intern’s day-to-day responsibilities include:-
- Assistance with the elaboration and preparation of official documents
- Attending conferences and workshops and summarizing them
- Documentation, legal and online research
- During conferences, assistance
- Web-Presentation function
- Statistics Compilation
- Conduct literature review/desk research to support the drafting of occasional policy briefs/papers on topics such as economic and social growth, the accomplishments of the MDGs and regional economic integration in and beyond the subregion, including transportation connectivity, food and energy protection and disaster risk reduction, with an emphasis on the least developed countries of South Asia.
- Assist in project/activity execution
- Assist in outreach engagement programs for media research, including preparation of public information documents, including web-based publications.
Skills Required- Internship Opportunity (UNESCAP Internship):-
- Communication: The ability to draft strong written and oral language skills simply and concisely.
- Teamwork: Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work together to accomplish organizational objectives with colleagues from various national and cultural backgrounds.
- Customer orientation: Views all those to whom services are offered as ‘customers’ and tries to see it from the point of view of customers.
- English: Fluency in spoken and written English.
Qualifications- Internship Opportunity (UNESCAP Internship):-
Each of the following conditions must be met by applicants:
- be enrolled in a graduate school program (second or comparable university degree or higher); or
- be enrolled in the first university degree programme in the final academic year (minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
Location – Internship Opportunity (UNESCAP Internship):-
- New Delhi
How to Register for this Internship?
This Internship Opportunity is available on United Nations Careers Portal. Link to apply: Click Here
Qcademics posts Internship News on the Internship Page of our website (www.qcademics.com) daily to make students aware of the internship opportunities available for them.
You can follow us on our social media handles to never miss any update (Internship News, General Awareness and much more awesome content):-