Rajya Sabha Student Engagement Internship (Internship News): Rajya Sabha is providing a great Internship Opportunity for students of various courses. It is one of the best internship opportunities for college students.
About Rajya Sabha Research and Study (RSRS) Scheme (Internship Opportunity):-
In 2009, the Rajya Sabha established the Dr S. Radhakrishnan Chair and two Rajya Sabha Fellowships Scheme with the aim of fostering research on various aspects of Indian parliamentary democracy. The current Scheme has been revised at the request of the Hon’ble Chairman of the Rajya Sabha, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, in order to improve its effectiveness and usefulness. The revised scheme is now known as the ‘Rajya Sabha Research and Study’ (RSRS) Scheme, and it consists of three parts: (a) the Dr S. Radhakrishnan Chair; (b) Rajya Sabha Fellowships; and (c) Rajya Sabha Student Engagement Internships.
The Scheme’s main aim is to “promote scientific/empirical/comparative analysis of the functioning of Parliament and other democratic institutions, and evaluate their contributions to the country’s socio-economic transformation, and to ensure the research study’s utility to Parliament’s functioning.”
The Chairman, Rajya Sabha, is supported by a Research Advisory Committee (RAC) in the selection and implementation of the Chair and Fellowships. It has five members: two Rajya Sabha members, two renowned academics nominated by the Chairman, Rajya Sabha, and the Member Convenor is the Secretary-General, Rajya Sabha.
Objective- Internship Opportunity (Rajya Sabha Internship):-
- To familiarise students with the various procedural aspects of the functioning of the Indian Parliament, especially the Rajya Sabha.
- Students pursuing graduation and post-graduation courses in any discipline.
- Applicants must submit their information in the specified formats (Annexure-V & Va), which must be filled out completely.
- Interns will be chosen by the Rajya Sabha Secretariat in the superintendence of the Rajya Sabha Secretary-General.
Deployment of Interns (Internship in Rajya Sabha):-
- Interns will be positioned in key parts of the Secretariat, such as the Legislative Department, Bill Office, Table Office, Committee Sections, and so on, under the supervision/mentorship of the concerned Head of the Branch to familiarise them with the Secretariat’s operations.
Details – Internship Opportunity (Rajya Sabha Internship):-
|Perks||Certificate on CompletionA stipend of Rs. 10,000/month|
|Duration||2 months during summer vacation.|
|No. of Positions||10 positions5 for Graduate applicants.5 for Postgraduate applicants.|
How to Register for this Internship?
Rajya Sabha Internship 2021 Application Form: Click Here
Qcademics post Internship News on the Internship Page of our website (www.qcademics.com) daily to make students aware of the internship opportunities available for them.
You can follow us on our social media handles to never miss any update (Internship News, General Awareness and many more awesome content):-