Internship at United Nations (Internship News): United Nations is providing a Public Information Internship opportunity for students of various courses. It is one of the best Internships available to students.
About United Nations (Internship News):-
The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organization whose mission is to ensure international peace and security, foster cordial relations between nations, promote international cooperation, and serve as a focal point for coordinating national efforts.
It is the world’s largest, most well-known, most widely represented, and most powerful intergovernmental organization. The United Nations is headquartered in New York City, on international territory, with main offices in Geneva, Nairobi, Vienna, and The Hague.
Following World War II, the United Nations was founded with the goal of preventing future battles, after the unsuccessful League of Nations. With the inclusion of South Sudan in 2011, the UN now has 193 member states, representing almost all of the world’s sovereign states.
Roles & Responsibilities:-
- During the internship, the intern will assist UNIC employees in implementing UN initiatives and activities. The following are some of the UN’s current major campaigns:
- Climate Change
- Peace keeping
- Assist the UNIC team with content creation for the website and social media platforms.
- Conduct background research and preparation for events and campaigns.
- Provide event planning and logistical support.
- Help the UNIC/UNRC joint communication team with events and campaigns.
- Other daily responsibilities based on the needs and the individual’s background.
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined above)
- Be computer literate in standard software application
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Client Orientation
- Team Work
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French Language is desirable.
- 2 Months (extendable upto 6 Months)
- New Delhi
- This Internship at United Nations is available on United Nations Careers Portal. Link to apply: Click Here
You can follow us on our social media handles to never miss any update (Internship News, General Awareness and much more awesome content):-