Internship at United Nations (Internship News): United Nations is providing an Economic Affairs Officer Internship opportunity for students of various courses. It is one of the best Internships available to students.
About United Nations (Internship News):-
The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organization whose mission is to ensure international peace and security, foster cordial relations between nations, promote international cooperation, and serve as a focal point for coordinating national efforts.
It is the world’s largest, most well-known, most widely represented, and most powerful intergovernmental organization. The United Nations is headquartered in New York City, on international territory, with main offices in Geneva, Nairobi, Vienna, and The Hague.
Following World War II, the United Nations was founded with the goal of preventing future battles, after the unsuccessful League of Nations. With the inclusion of South Sudan in 2011, the UN now has 193 member states, representing almost all of the world’s sovereign states.
Roles & Responsibilities:-
- Provides inputs on evidence-based SDG analysis in support of a shared understanding by the UNCT of sustainable development challenges and opportunities, with particular focus on the key development areas, including socioeconomic resilience, protection of vulnerable, education and continuous learning, health and wellbeing and climate action.
- Provides inputs on socioeconomic trends to inform system-wide planning efforts that the UNSCF 2020-2025 is designed to respond to the potential impact and new risks originated from the twin crisis, including COVID-19 crisis and the fluctuation of global oil prices.
- Supports identification, analysis and prioritization of joint programmes of UN entities in line with the UNSCF 2020-2025 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in the context of the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
- Supports drafting of substantive inputs to policy briefs, presentations and project documents as well as assists in the organization of meetings with its meeting minutes drafted.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Must be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in economics, economic development, public administration, finance, MBA and other related fields.
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent) in economics, economic development, public administration, finance, MBA and other related fields.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the UN Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Team Work
- Fluency in English and Arabic Language is required.
- Knowledge of French Language is desirable.
- This Internship at United Nations is available on United Nations Careers Portal. Link to apply: Click Here
You can follow us on our social media handles to never miss any update (Internship News, General Awareness and much more awesome content):-