United Nation Internship (Internship News): United Nation is providing great Internship Opportunity for students of different courses. It is one of the best Internship Opportunities available to students.
About United Nation (Internship News):-
The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organization whose mission is to ensure international peace and security, foster cordial relations between nations, promote international cooperation, and serve as a focal point for coordinating national efforts.
It is the world’s largest, most well-known, most widely represented, and most powerful intergovernmental organization. The United Nations is headquartered in New York City, on international territory, with main offices in Geneva, Nairobi, Vienna, and The Hague.
Following World War II, the United Nations was founded with the goal of preventing future battles, after the unsuccessful League of Nations. With the inclusion of South Sudan in 2011, the UN now has 193 member states, representing almost all of the world’s sovereign states.
Roles & Responsibilities:-
- Work on the regular monitoring of relevant developments, policy trends and news articles related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs in the subregion
- Monitor and collect details on national policies on selected sustainable development issues of ESCAP-SSWA member states
- Collect data, generate figures and tables, describe and analyze the tables and results to support ESCAP-SSWA staff in related research and analytical work
- Attend conferences, seminars, meetings, and other events and provide written highlights and briefing notes
- Provide administrative, organizational, and conference management support for ESCAP-SSWA events
- Handle other activities as may be decided by the supervisor
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Planning & organizing: Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments, and delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within the prescribed time, cost, and quality standards
Applicants must meet one of the following conditions to be considered for an internship with the United Nations Internship Program:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Must have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- 2 Months
- This Internship at UN is available on Career Portal of UN. Link to apply: Click Here
You can follow us on our social media handles to never miss any update (Internship News, General Awareness and much more awesome content):-