Internship at NISD (Internship News): National Institute of Social Defence is providing an Internship opportunity for students of various courses. It is one of the best Internships available to students.
About National Institute of Social Defence (Internship News):-
The National Institute of Social Defence was established in 1961 under the Ministry of Home Affairs as the Central Bureau of Correctional Services, in response to recommendations made at several National Forums.
The Bureau was handed over to the then-Department of Social Security in 1964. In the field of social defence, the National Institute of Social Defense is the nodal training and research institute.
Though social defence encompasses a wide range of actions and programmes aimed at safeguarding society, it is currently focusing on human resource development in the areas of drug abuse prevention, elderly citizen and transgender welfare, begging prevention, and other social defence issues.
Procedure & Conditions:-
- Interested applicants shall apply online for Internship programme.
- Applicants must clearly indicate the area of interest.
- A candidate can apply for an internship only once during a financial year.
- The applicants who do not fulfil the eligibility conditions, their applications shall be rejected by the Competent Authority.
- The selected applicant has to produce a letter of recommendation from the college/institution at the time of joining, failing which his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
- Fluency in English or Hindi is desirable for an internship.
- NISD holds the power to deny the internship without any explanation.
- If NISD finds any misbehavior / misconduct of intern during internship, his/her internship will be terminated without giving any prior notice
- Bonafide students pursuing/passed out Graduate/Post Graduate Degree or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India from any background but preferably Social Science background i.e. Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Law etc. of any recognized University/ Institution within India fulfilling following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship:
- Students pursuing/passed out Graduate/Post Graduate Degree or Research Scholars.
- They have secured 50% or more cumulative marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- 4 weeks to 3 Months
- This Internship at NISD is available on its website. For more details: Click Here
You can follow us on our social media handles to never miss any update (Internship News, General Awareness and much more awesome content):-