Internship at NHRC (Internship News): National Human Rights Commission is providing an Online Short -term Internship Programme for students of various courses. It is one of the best Internship opportunities available to students.
About National Human Rights Commission, India (Internship News):-
India’s National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) is a statutory public body established on October 12, 1993, under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of September 28, 1993.
The National Human Rights Commission of India is concerned for the promotion and protection of human rights, which are defined by the Act as “Rights Relating To Life, Liberty, Equality, and Dignity of the Person Guaranteed by the Constitution or Enshrined in International Covenants and Enforced by Indian Courts.”
The Protection of Human Rights Act (PHRA) of 1993 gave it a statutory basis. Justice H. L. Dattu served as the NHRC’s last chairman, retired on December 2, 2020.
Roles & Responsibility- Online Short -term Internship Programme (Internship in NHRC):-
Selected intern’s day-to-day responsibilities include:-
- Address/Interaction with the Hon’ble Chairperson / Members of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and other domain experts
- Human rights related project work
- Students are expected to write a book review.
- Films on Human Rights & Discussion – Child Labour issues, Water Sanitation, Sports, Anti Trafficking, Health including mental health and Education issues and discussions etc.
- Virtual Field Visit
- Virtual visit to Jail
- Virtual field visit to Police Station
- Virtual field visit to NGO
Qualifications – Online Short -term Internship Programme (Internship in NHRC):-
- Students studying in 3rd year and onwards of an integrated 5 year PG course
- Students in the 3rd or final year of a bachelor’s degree programme.
- Students enrolled in any post-graduate degree programme in any semester or year.
- Students in any post-graduate diploma course in any semester or year.
- Students of every field who are research scholars.
Essentials Required – Online Short -term Internship Programme (Internship in NHRC):-
- Students must have regularly obtained a minimum of 60% in Class XII and all subsequent courses, including the courses they are currently pursuing. (The calculated percentage, as well as the formula for calculating the percentage, must be stated clearly from their CGPA/SGPA.)
- Applicants will be expected to submit a 250-word essay on the subject “Statement of Intent (SoP) for joining NHRC Online Short Term Internship” along with the online application form, which would also lay the groundwork for selection.
- Include Self-attested scanned copies of mark sheets from the 12th grade onwards, as well as mark sheets for each year/semester of the current course (and recommendation by concerned HOD/Dean/Principal of present course only).
- Students who have participated in previous NHRC Internship Programs are not qualified to apply.
Duration – Online Short- Term Internship Programme (Internship at NHRC):-
- 15 days
Perks – Online Short- Term Internship Programme:-
- Certificate of Participation on the basis of attendance, punctuality and participation etc.
- A stipend of Rs. 2,000
How to Register for this Internship?
This Internship at NHRC is available on NHRC’s website. Link to apply: Click Here
You can follow us on our social media handles to never miss any update (Internship News, General Awareness and much more awesome content):-