The UG admissions to the University of Delhi are based on two types:- Merit-Based and Entrance Based. The high DU cutoffs are a part of just the Merit-Based Admissions. However, for the entrance based admissions also XII board performance is considered. Here’s the complete procedure of entrance based admission to Delhi University after results declaration.
Step I: Declaration of Result/ Merit List
A ranking of applicants will be prepared for each course that shall guide the admission process and shall be displayed on the admission portal. The ranking shall be based on :
- The marks scored in the entrance test for the B.Tech (IT & MI), BA (H & SS), B.El.Ed., BA (H) MMC, and FYIPJ courses.
- The weighted mean of the marks scored in the entrance test and in class XII (as per eligibility) giving each the weights of 65% and 35% respectively for the BA (H) BE, BMS, and BBA (FIA) courses.
- The mean of the marks scored in the written test and sports proficiency for the B.Sc (PE, HESS) course.
- The marks scored in the practical test for the B.A.(Hons.) Music courses.
The final ranking shall not have any repeated ranks. In the case of a tie for rank, the following tie-breaking rule shall be applied in the order provided below:
- The applicant with a higher percentage of marks (aggregate of best four subjects including one language) in the qualifying examination will be considered first for allotment/admission.
- The applicant with the higher entrance test score will be considered first for allotment/admission.
- The applicant with a higher percentage of marks (aggregate of best five subjects including one language) in the qualifying examination will be considered first for allotment/admission.
- The applicant with the earlier date of birth (as mentioned in class x certificate) will be considered for allotment/admission.
Step II: Reopening of the Portal for Alteration of Course/College Option
The portal will be open for the alteration of the course-college preferences for one day after the declaration of entrance test results. Applicants are advised to examine the location of the college and college fee for the course before finalizing their order of preference. No request for change of course-college will be entertained after this.
Step III: Allotment of Course and/or College
- For all the entrance based courses the allotment of seats shall be done centrally and shall be displayed on the admission portal. Only the applicants who satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria for the course will be considered for admission.
- Applicants allotted a course and a college/institution shall be required to confirm their interest in the admission by selecting and confirming the college (and course) from their dashboard on the admission portal within the time period as per the University of Delhi policy.
- In the case of BA (H) BE/BMS/BBA (FIA) and the B.El.Ed. courses, the seats available in each college (and course) in each admission category shall be allotted to the applicants in order of their ranks and as per their preferences subject to availability, till all seats in the particular college (and course) are exhausted. An applicant allotted a seat higher in their preference order will not be allowed a change to any seat lower in their preference order within the same admission category.
Step IV: Online Verification of Documents by Respective Colleges/ Centres/ Departments
The colleges/ centres/ departments shall verify the documents uploaded by the applicant for eligibility.
- Principal/ Director/HoD to either approve or decline admission.
- In case of lack of necessary documents,the candidate should be contacted on email/phone so that the same may be provided. In case the candidate does not respond, or where documents remain insufficient, the admission will be declined citing reason. No application will be left undecided. It will either be approved or declined.
- The applicant will be communicated the status of the application on their dashboard.
- Those approved are required to pay the fee and receive a confirmation of their admission. Those declined admissions are provided a link to raise any objection with the grievance committee.
Step V: Payment of Fees to Confirm Admission
The uploaded documents will be verified by the respective colleges within the stipulated time period. If at this stage it is found that the information given by the applicant is false and is not supported by the documents presented, the admission will be immediately cancelled. No fees will be refunded in such cases.
Process for Change of Course/College in Subsequent Merit List
During a given list the applicant will be required to choose one of the two options:
- Option 1: Wish to be reallotted a seat higher in his/her preference order if the same is available;
- Option 2: He/ she is satisfied with the currently allotted seat and does not want another allotment of seats.
- During every subsequent allotment round, seats available after the previous round shall be allotted to admitted applicants who choose option 1 and to applicants ranked above the last admitted rank and who have not yet been allotted a seat, subject to their preferences.
- In case a seat higher in the applicant’s preference is available, the same shall be allotted to the applicant and the existing admission shall stand cancelled.
- All applicants allotted seats in an allotment round shall be required to repeat steps IV to V to obtain admission. The fee to be paid in a subsequent round shall be the difference (if any) of the new institution fee less the fee already paid.
- Upon confirmation of fee with the university, the admission in the college (and course) shall be confirmed. If the applicant fails to pay the fee to confirm the admission, the applicant shall not be allotted the seat and shall not be considered for any future allotment.
- The following categories of applicants will not be considered in subsequent rounds of counselling:
– Applicants who have already been allotted their first preference.
– Applicants who voluntarily opted out of reallotments.
– Applicants who have not confirmed admission by completing payment of fees in any round.
Spot Admission Round
The admission portal shall display the number of seats available in each course and/ or college after the admission to the third merit list.
- Students interested in seeking admission to a course will do so on the dashboard. They shall give the preference of the course and college.
- Students will be allotted the course/college as per their merit, preference, and availability of the seats in each category. The course will be given preference over college.
- For the courses that are available in different colleges, in the first round of spot allotment for each category, applicants admitted in the course on that date and have opted for reallocation as per option 1 in the previous step, as well as all those applicants who are not yet allotted a seat but whose ranking is higher than the last rank admitted in any category shall be eligible in this round. The applicants shall be allotted a seat as per their ranking and preference from those available. The applicant shall then be required to follow steps IV and V to obtain admission.
- For the courses that are available in different colleges, in the second round of spot allotment for each category, applicants not yet admitted shall be allotted a seat as per their ranking and preference from those available. The applicant shall then be required to follow steps IV and V to obtain admission.
- Applicants are advised to carefully exercise their choice before confirming the admission in the spot round. If an applicant cancels their admission after the spot round, they will not be considered for admission in any future counselling.
- To fill any vacant seats in any category, the university may announce more rounds of spot admission till the last date of admissions as notified by the university.
- In case of cancellation of admission, a cancellation fee of Rs. 1000/- will be charged. This fee shall be charged for every cancellation before the last day of admissions. Refund of fees due to cancellation or any other reasons will not be considered after the last date for admissions. In case of any change in the admission process for merit-based UG admission, it will be notified on the website of the University of Delhi. All aspirants must register online as per the procedure and schedule that will be notified on the University of Delhi website.